Archivos de la categoría Cockroachbot Project

Almost finishing!! By Michael

In this last week we put the sponsors, we did the antennas and we were looking some fails in the  project for fix them. We took two news batteries.

The case with the news sponsors is like that:

007005 004  001

Once we finish the project, we will maybe paint the case better.

This week. By Roberto

This week we “finish” the project 036Cucabot, we have only to change the antennas to other antennas to finish.

This week Arianna painted the case in grey with shark style with the help of Cindy.031

Alejandro and me, we put the antennas with screws, checked the electrical circuit to solve a problem, we put tape on the connections and solved the problem.017

Then we put the cucabot on the floor and the cucabot run, but we have one problem because the antennas are very small.

The next day we are going to solve the problem with the antennas and put the case.

My group has done a very good work.

The project progress. By Jonás

Hi, I’m Jonás again and this is my last post of the trimester. We worked hard and fast what has led us to an error on the circuit CockroachBot, everything went very well during these weeks of work in the workshop, we worked with Cindy and my bandmates Vania and Hero.

Image

Now I’ve finally finished my part, that was making the project case, Mickey Mouse shaped and very well painted. I embedded ears making a trench in the case so that the ears will be easily placed .

We also had to make new wheels because the ones that we’ve made had a too big hole for the motor shafts. So, in a couple of classes I am sure that we will finish the project.

CockroachBot Chronicles: Last Chapter. By George

Hello everybody, George strikes again!

This is my last post. I´ll will tell you about recent cockroachbot news!

Finally our CockroachBot is walking…but a bit slow… It turns on itself and I felt so disappointed about. Anyway, the jigsaw has solved everything. The problem was that the wood wheels were pretty heavy and the poor engines were wheezing! Now we are working in lighter ones in cork  that should solve the problem. And, evidently, I used the jigsaw to cut it down. Jigsaw rocks!

The Crashing CockroachBot last steps. By Ariadna

In my group, Alejandro and Roberto are now working ont the cables and checking the CockroachBot operation.

And me, I am doing the fins of the shark for the case.

The last week… By Kenia

The last week Jose Miguel and Jorge have been fixing the CockroachBot because we have had few problems with the antennas and wheels, but they are working hard on it.

And me I’ve finished the case. To get a ladybug pattern, I painted it in black and I made some circles with tape and glue. After I painted everything in red and removed the circles. I also painted the wings,  just need to place them.

Car CockroachBot. By iVáN

imagesCA4PKT7EFinally, our car is almost finished, we painted everything in white, we put hoods, spoilers, mirrors. We have also put the windows and glasses, and now we are putting a bumper.

After painting the bumper we will attach stickers caught on internet. It looks like a real car. Then we will write our names in the windows as if we were the pilots. This is handsome!

The Crashing CockroachBot. By Vania

In my group, formed by Herón, Jonás and me, we are doing it well and little things rest. We have almost done everything except the antennas and the wheels, because we are changing them since the others were not working as we wanted.

Besides the Crashing CockroachBot Project, we are now working in a second project which consists in organizing a virtual trip to three cities in the world, so we have to look for the hotels, the transport, places to visit in every site … and also to prepare the budget for the full trip with all the expenses. We can do this project alone or in pairs, and we will finish by preparing a Prezi to present it.

My CockroachBot… by Alejandro

This week all the groups were working in their projects, we will finish them in few weeks.

My group was working in the case and the structure of the project: 

Tiburon 01

Ariadna started to decorate the case. She painted the upper part with grey colour.

Tiburon 02

We want to do a shark shaped case and Ariadna has become an expert in this since she has worked on it in the previous weeks.

Roberto put the wheels in right and left part of the project and he helped me with the platform, too. 

Me, I recorded some minutes of the last class with the video camera and I put four screws in the crashing cucabot to hold it with the platform. 

Rueda loca

Roberto and I held better the idler wheel in the end part of the platform. We put a piece of cork to lower it. 

Also this week, Celso, our teacher, taught us how to use Prezi. It is an online app very easy to use where everybody can do very amusing presentations for works, journeys and others.

Finishing the project. By Michael

In this last week, we worked in the project only one day because we had a holiday, and another day we went to work on the computers.

In that day my group worked in the case, we added two brackets because the case was brushing with the wheels and we solved a little problem with the switches.

The next week we are going to do the antennas and we will work on aesthetic details in the case.