Larry Ferlazzo and JJ de Haro, two twitter users I devotedly follow, have posted about this infographic which can help us understand the growth of the Internet and its influence on the enviroment. A good way to learn about statistics and vocabulary related to enviroment and internet. Thanks to WordStream for making it and 2ndgreenrevolution for sharing.
Infographic by WordStream Internet Marketing
Power of storytelling – Prezi is simple: You Write, Zoom, Arrange.Using these simple means, you can express many things – with great impact.Here are some basic examples such as timelines, TOC, Zen likes.
In their words:
“Prezi is an application – an editor that lets you create prezi presentations. However, unlike many applications, Prezi can be used directly from an internet browser (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari) without the need to install anything. Prezi can also be installed (we call this Prezi Desktop) so you can use it without internet access.
We support both ways of working with Prezi, since there are many advantages.
By using Prezi from an internet browser, you can:
- Easily share your prezis for collaborating with others
- Easily send your prezis and show them to non-Prezi users
- Log in from any computer, access your prezis and work on them
- Our licenses include the ability to export a Portable Prezi, which can be used without internet access so you can safely hold your presentations anywhere
By using Prezi Desktop you can:
- Work on your prezis without internet access
- Quickly insert large media files – there is no limit to file size
- Easily upload prezis to Prezi.com, so you can enjoy all the advantages listed above”
Posted via email from carlosdmartinalonso’s posterous
>Hi guys! I hope you are all enjoying all the spare time you have now that the lessons and exams are over. In this post Iwould like to wish you the best for the summer and say goodbye till September when the school opens its doors for another exciting year. But I want to recommend, as well, a few sites which may be helpful to do some practice or revision. I have already mentioned Busuu.com, a website where you can learn and practice your English and make friends at the same time. Other socialnetworks with the same features are Babbel, livemocha, sharedtalk, italki and, finally, xlingo.
Amazing, is it not? Well, hope you enjoy all the possibilities these sites have to offer and see you after the summer. ENJOY!!!!
>Hello dear students! A few weeks ago, I recommended you a website where you would be able to find people who are looking for partners to practice their speaking skills via Skype. Today I want to introduce you to two different websites which have the same aim, but different approaches.
- busuu.com: It is a social network like facebook or myspace but their main goal is not only to provide partners to practice your language, but you can also find all sort of exercises from various levels you can take and the same network users will correct. They are sponsored by the UNESCO and even teach Gomeran wistle language! Amazin site, isn’t it?
- babelan: In this case, this a languages site to find native people for a language exchange. It also allows to search and offer language classes and translations services. It also provides a Global language exchange (messenger, e-mail, voice) area. This is where you can find native people to practice your target language from home, just with your e-mail, messenger or voice software.
Hello pupils! I have just discovered a new social web for those who love learning vocabulary in different languages. Its name is Leximo and I think it is quite a thrilling idea. Below you have the words of the administrators of the site explaining the philosophy behind this new invention. Feel curious and give it a go. You may find it exciting: making friends by giving away pieces of your own language. You will even learn new vocabulary. Don’t you reckon? Looking forward to your feedback.
Leximo is a “Social Dictionary” that invites users to submit words in every spoken language of the world. Since each word can be submitted by multiple users, definitions can vary widely in quality and thus other users can rank these definitions, so that the most popular definitions appear first.
The goals of Leximo are to:
- Formulate a vision in which Leximo is free and open to all users.
- Appeal to people who have an interest in world languages, culture and travel.
- Allow the contributions of users to directly translate into the advancement of Leximo.
- Bring together people of different ideologies, races, beliefs and cultures.