From the first of October 2017 to the 16th of December 2017 thirty-six secondary school teachers from the Canary Islands were sent to Cork, Ireland by the DIRECCIÓN GENERAL DE ORDENACIÓN, INNOVACIÓN Y PROMOCIÓN EDUCATIVA to improve their English and to get a closer look at the CLIL approach.
Here you can have some information on the training action in Spanish.
The training actions had the following objectives:
– To improve the linguistic competences of teachers through direct contact with the country and its culture.
– To strengthen the professional skills of teachers.
– To promote the exchange of innovative practices in language learning and content.
– To spread successful practices and incorporate them into the different institutions’ linguistic projects.
– To increase motivation towards the teaching profession and to improve the professional development of teachers.
– To contribute to the appropriate incorporation of teachers to the Plan de Impulso de Lenguas Extranjeras (PILE) which promotes the teaching and learning of foreign languages.
Profile: the teachers attending this course all had at least a B2 level of English.
Course: teachers followed a General English Course plus a CLIL Course.
The CLIL course dealt with these aspects:
CLIL: Theory behind the practise.
Principles of CLIL
Different Clil Methods in Europe.
Planning and Evaluation in CLIL
Through this blog I have just tried to tell you some aspects of this wonderful educational experience.